The Half Scale Fairfield Dollhouse Day 11

I finished gluing the rest of the brackets today. I had no mishaps with them.

I had some strip wood laying around, so I began to trim the back edges of the dollhouse. Because I lacked materials, the pictures show a sample of the difference between trimmed floor edges and non-trimmed edges.

It's time for me to begin shingling. Like I mentioned before, I will be shingling this dollhouse with templates. It would be impossible for me to shingle this dollhouse's roof directly because the shingles are small and the roof is angled.

I was able to shingle the two front roof sections today. I will finish the rest tomorrow.

The finished sections are simply laid out and not glued on. I need to stain them and then let them dry outside before installing them, in a ventilated area since I am using a mixture of stain and poly.

Don't use hot glue to glue your templates to avoid bumps and quick drying. You need time for positioning. Hot glue does not glue evenly below the shingle templates. Use tacky glue and cover the entire section, especially the edges, so the template is not lifted.

Shingling the dollhouse took about three days.