The Emerson Row Dollhouse Day 7

Now that the roof has dried overnight I can finish gluing on the center roof panel.

I had to paint the edges of the gables because they will be exposed to the interior of the dollhouse. I could have wrapped my wallpaper over them but since I wallpapered before assembling the roof, it's impossible to know what edges will be exposed or not.

You will need the rubber mallet again. Hammer the center roof into place with the dollhouse right side up but you will find it's easier to get the flat roof supports to go into the front roof if you turn the dollhouse upside down and hammer them in instead of hammering the roof.

After I clamped everything I went to the front of the dollhouse and spackled all the gaps on the gables. I painted them again and installed the window trim. I installed the gable gingerbread as well.

When everything dried, I unclamped the roof. Now this dollhouse is beginning to look like a real dollhouse.