The Brimbles Mercantile Dollhouse Day 12

I added the side wall sign to the dollhouse today. I used 2 pound weights to clamp it down.

The shingling has begun. I decided to not use templates on this dollhouse because I wanted a true roofline with no trim. Templates will create perfect angles, twists and turns but they do not create true and flush corner edges that meet seamlessly together. This is why you see so many dollhouses with roof corner trims.

The only way to get a perfectly flush corner is to fit and cut each one of these shingles one by one. I really wanted the roof line to not be interrupted on this dollhouse. It has a beautiful roof and I didn't want to cover part of it with corner trim.

I used octagon shingles with a top row of arrow head shingles I cut myself, one by one. It will take me a while to finish the shingling using this method but it will be worth it in the end.

I mixed spackle and paint to make a stucco finish for the foundation of the dollhouse. A lot of Brimbles do not get foundations but I like them so this one got one.