The Storybook Cottage Dollhouse Day 4

I wallpapered the ceilings of the attic today. It is always a good idea to wallpaper these angled ceilings before assembly.

I gave the dollhouse its first coat of paint. I then covered all of the gaps with spackle. This will prepare the dollhouse for its second coat of paint.

I put in the front roof so I can see how the wallpaper will look and it's looking pretty good.

I put in the windows of both bays. This kit does not bring interior trim for the bays or the attic windows. You can simply paint the bays instead of wallpapering and they will look like the interior casings to your windows or you can use your own trim. Never put in optional trim you've bought on any area of your dollhouse until it is fully finished. Adding extra trim can cause certain parts to not fit correctly during the assembly. Leave all extra trim for after the dollhouse is done. I plan on using wooden skewers to trim around the bay walls.

I constructed the door and I’m letting it dry overnight, so I can fit it in the opening without fear of it separating.

I put the two gable roofs in. This dollhouse uses a unique method to install the roof. It's almost like a puzzle where things sort of snap together. Follow the instructions very carefully in order to do this right. This method seems to make the whole structure much more stable, with less gaps and less use of masking tape to clamp things together, since they are basically clamping themselves. The downside is that it makes construction more difficult in the sense that it's harder to get tabs to slide and lock into place.

I have a set of tabs bulging into the attic ceiling, over the gable window, that I can't really wallpaper. These same tabs are on the outside roof as well which will make it more difficult to shingle.