The Storybook Cottage Dollhouse Day 5

Today I put in the double window, attic windows and back roof.

Before you put in the back roof, you have to put in the back roof supports and trusses. I decided to go ahead and paint these white so they match the wallpaper. There is no point in trying to apply wallpaper to these parts because they are oddly shaped and won't be visible unless you purposely look up into the dollhouse to see them. They do give the back roof a nice finished looked and also makes it quite sturdy.

After more spackle, I gave the dollhouse its second coat of paint. I also touched up a lot of little things here and there.

I painted the inside roof edges of all of the gables. The best way to do this is to turn the dollhouse upside down. That way you can touch up all of the sill undersides and foundation while you paint the gables. I painted them dark green so there will be a contrast when I apply the light green shingles.

I assembled the flower box.

I really like the window on the door because it makes the dollhouse look more like a little shop.

I applied the skewers between the bay windows on the exterior. I dry fit them first to see if they could be applied and let me tell you, it makes all the difference. It looks great with the skewers. They really give the bays a nice finished look and more sturdiness.

I painted the flower box and glued it on.