The Rosedale Dollhouse Revisited Day 7

Today I installed all of the "hardwood" flooring in the two second floor rooms.

I decided to install the door first, before the floors. It just seemed to me that it would be easier this way and I wouldn't have to trim down the door because of the added thickness of the floor planks as they crossed through the opening. Since this door will not be a working door, this is the easiest way to install it. If you do plan on having a working door, you will have to apply the flooring first and then trim your door down to fit.

Door knobs go three inches up from the bottom of the door. In a real life house door knobs are three feet up from the bottom of the door and since this is a one inch scale dollhouse, one real life foot is equal to one inch.

Make a starter hole with a hammer and nail for your door knobs to fit into. Use a rubber mallet to tap your door knobs in place, never use a hammer or you will damage them. Dip the ends in glue before you do this for added strength.

After the flooring was done, I applied the ceiling and flooring trim and also the door trim. I used spackle around the entire inner edge of the door where it met with the trim for a more finished look.

I also went ahead and applied the staircase trim.