The Rosedale Dollhouse Day 5

I primed the walls that dried overnight and I put more walls up. So far, no other walls have had to be wallpapered before assembling.

I do want to bring to your attention a possible problem with your kit. The left front wall has been cut wrong. The slots on the wall do not align with the tabs on the floors but the sides do align perfectly with the side walls. If you got an earlier laser cut kit, like I did, you might encounter this problem but Greenleaf is aware of it and newly cut kits will be correct. If your kit has this problem, you can call Greenleaf and they will replace the sheet for you at no cost to you. I didn’t call for a replacement, I just fixed the problem myself because it is very easy to do so. All I did was cut off the tabs of the floors.

Aside from the walls being put up, I also finished trimming the staircase with its posts and banisters. The posts basically laminate over all of the staircase corner posts to make them thicker and more three dimensional.

I glued on the bathroom door and trim and also the kitchen door trim.

For the bathroom door, I put in crystal door knobs. I simply took a nail and opened a small starter hole where I wanted my door knob to be and then applied glue and tapped in my door knob. I did the same for the other side. When doing it on the other side, lay your door down over a roll of masking tape so that the doorknob, you’ve already put in, doesn’t wobble the door while you're trying to insert the other one. Remember you have to insert your second doorknob a little off center from the first one so that they both fit without hitting each other through the hole.

I had to fix a few areas in my wallpaper that had been damaged with the insertion of the second floor.