The Pierce Dollhouse Revisited Week 4

I continued assembling the porch pieces. I decided to not add an additional color to the dollhouse because you can see how the brown goes to the back ground as I add more white trim to the dollhouse. The white porch railing looks perfect against the brown backdrop.

I had already cut out paper templates of the roof parts and shingled them so adding on the already shingled roof parts was easy. They needed to be adjusted here and there but it wasn't a difficult task. I'm planning on leaving the shingles their natural color with only a coat of varnish on them to deepen and enhance their grain. I think that the light shingles add that missing color I was trying to incorporate into the dollhouse. They are the light bisque/yellow tone that the client had been trying to add to the dollhouse from the beginning.

I went to the office supply store and had two sheets of brick printed for me.

The bricks came out perfect. Very vibrant in color and in high quality paper. I glued them around the base. This is not part of a basic build but it really adds that detail to a dollhouse and it was very inexpensive to do. I think this dollhouse needed it to break up some of the brown from the base as well.