The McKinley Dollhouse Week 29

I am still working on the attic. There were a few more wooden caps that had to be added around the tower opening.

I added trim along the edges of the gables and then installed the gingerbread.

The roof line and gingerbread had to be modified in order to add the acrylic back cover to the dollhouse. Here are the modifications I made. I circled them in the photo below with the corresponding number.

1 - The gingerbread pieces were too long. If I left it them the original size, I would not be able to fit the acrylic back cover on the dollhouse, since it would be in the way. I cut 2 inches off each gingerbread piece and then joined them back together in order to shorten them. I cut them in the middle, so I could join the bottom piece correctly and their design would not be altered. I then spackled the joint and painted it. You can not tell they were shortened. I also added trim to the gable edges and placed the gingerbread behind it. This gingerbread will prevent the acrylic back cover from falling outwards, when in place.

2. I had to make a "ledge" along the third floor edge, so that the attics acrylic back cover can rest on it, when applied.

3. I had to shorten the gable roofs in the middle, where they all join together. The overhangs were too long and would interfere with the placement of the acrylic back cover.

I primed the roof with a dark paint, so that raw wood does no peek through the shingles.

I also added the roof trim.