The McKinley Dollhouse Week 21

Now that both the kitchen and back sides are done, I am moving on to the front side. The front side is a challenge to finish and it took a week to complete.

I decided to side the tower with a combination of siding strips and shingle strips. I also used wooden dowels for the joints between the tower walls. It helps make the tower structure stronger and also gives it a nice look. I did all of this before adding the porch roof. I then had to sand down the porch roof in certain areas, so it fit properly since the skewers add extra thickness to the tower.

I worked up to where I can put all of the tower windows in place. I will continue the tower top when I get ready to work on the third floor.

Paint the porch base black before you apply the lattice over it, so that it appears hollow underneath the dollhouse.

All in all, I did not have to deviate from the instructions. The porch posts where the only parts that caused difficulty. It was hard to understand the instructions on how they were suppose to go. Basically just remember that you need to frame the porch railings with all of the porch posts and trim.