The Harrison Dollhouse Day 11

Today I began finishing the exterior of the dollhouse. I first primed the entire exterior with the same color paint I want to use on it. Because this dollhouse is so large, I didn't want to use stark white for my stucco. I wanted to use a linen color which is semi white. I used this same color on the second Glencroft Dollhouse and I really liked the way it stood out behind the dark brown timber trim.

I then mixed my stucco with water and and applied to the entire exterior. Mix the water into your dollhouse stucco very slowly and in small amounts. If you accidentally put in too much, your stucco mixture will be watery and ruined. you will not be able to fix it. Your dollhouse stucco should end up with the same consistency as thick cake icing. That way you can spread it and create texture on your walls. The best way to create the texture is by swirling your brush on the stucco.

I will then paint the stucco with the same paint that I used for priming. You can paint your stucco after application like I am doing but you can also mix paint into your stucco. I have done it that way before and the reason I opted out of doing it this time is because I have noticed that when you mix the paint with your stucco, it tends to dry blotchy and you will have to go over your walls with paint again in order to even them out.

Now you have to decide what color you want your roof eaves. You can paint them to match your walls or your thatch. I am going to paint them to match the walls. It will make the vergeboards stand out more.

You will also notice the gaps between the bay and tower walls. Do not bother trying to fill them in. All of these will be covered with half timber trim.