The Glencroft Dollhouse Day 4

I began putting on all of the half timber trim to the exterior of the dollhouse. This wasn’t as difficult as I thought it would be. It is really not as confusing as the instructions make it seem. Each half timber trim piece can only go on its dedicated section. It can't fit anywhere else, so you will know where they go. You cannot make a mistake.

I stained all of the half timber trim before gluing them onto the dollhouse. I had to use a lot of tape and clamps to keep them down flat because the pieces are thin and tend to warp with the glue moisture. I also have the added stucco underneath which makes the glue less effective than if it were wood on wood.

The effect of the trim is just what I thought it would be. It makes the dollhouse lovely and covers up all tab and slots, gaps and any other defects. Whatever is left can easily be corrected with spackle. Remember you must finish your half timber trim before installing it on the dollhouse.

I made the brackets. They are also easy. You just laminate two together and then put them under the bays and window box. I’m happy to say that I didn’t mess up these brackets as I so often do with dollhouses.

I assembled the window box which was very easy to do.

I assembled the chimney top as well and glued it on. I will have to stucco it later. This is why it's important to have left over stucco saved. You will need it again. I also have some orange and red paint to make the terracotta color for the top flue.

I put the interior doors together. It's not so easy to put them in. The opening can be a little tight because of the thickness of the laminated doors. Use the mallet to help them along and sand them down until they are easy to install.

I punched out all the parts that were left from the sheets. I sorted out my window pieces and grouped them according to number. A good tip to keeping them organized is to just hold them together with some masking tape and put them all in one bag. Label the tape so you know what each bundle is for.

I put the fence and yard pieces in another bag. I will be adding the yard to this dollhouse but it is optional.