The Glencroft Dollhouse Day 5

I sanded, painted and glued all the windows together. I used the binder clips to make sure they were tightly bonded on all edges. They will need to dry over night just to make sure they have the right amount of strength to be pushed into their corresponding openings.

I painted the front door and I finished putting stucco on the chimney top. I’m leaving the flue unfinished for now, so I can paint it terracotta later on.

I was able to start putting the windows in after they were dry. This was very difficult because you need to sand them down a lot before they can fit the openings.

The front door was no easier than the windows. This dollhouse has thick laminated doors with a lot of trim so you have to sand them down really well before they will fit the openings and the front door was no exception.

I stained all of the interior trim and glued them on the windows. I know the bottom trim is supposed to be a sill, but I glued it flat to the bottom of the window because of the bad wallpaper. I just think it hides more defects this way.

I spackled all of the gaps and defects from the outside of the dollhouse.

I began shingling the dollhouse. Making roof templates is a must for shingling this dollhouse. The angle of the long sided gable piece was really difficult to make a template from. I stained the shingles the same color stain as I’ve been using for the rest of the dollhouse. I stain each roof section before gluing it onto the dollhouse.

You can use stainable wood filler in order to fill in any shingle gaps.