The Glencroft Dollhouse Day 2

I spent a lot of time staining today. I made my own stain from a mixture of varnish and dark brown acrylic paint. This is only the first coat. Later, I have to lightly sand and then coat it with clear unmixed varnish again.

I put the upstairs fireplace and wood bin room together. That part was simple enough because it had the same logic as the downstairs fireplace. I printed out some brick paper from my computer and glued it the back wall of the fireplaces and wood bin room. I stained the entire wall section of the second floor fireplace and wood bin.

I clamped the chimney together and as you can see, I ran out of masking tape so I had to use duct tape to clamp. It is certainly not made for dollhouses and it can only be used in unfinished areas only. I will have masking tape by tomorrow.

I painted the ceiling white while everything else dried.

After these simple procedures, I knew I had to begin wallpapering, so I can put the ceiling beams in. It took some time to understand the instructions for the ceiling beams. You are supposed to laminate them together in order to make them thick.

Then you have to insert them through the wall openings. You will need a mallet to carefully tap them through. Be careful with your ceiling finishes. I used plastic clamps to keep them tight against the ceiling until the glue dries.