The Garfield Dollhouse Day 15

Today I have to finish putting the first floor bay in place, if I want to begin the porch. This bay is made to be removable but I’m putting it in permanent. There is plenty of space through the back of the dollhouse to place furniture around this area. I suppose the bay is removable so you can see the staircase from the front but I can do that through the windows. It's up to you to choose if you want it removable or not depending on what you want to do with the dollhouse.

Like I did for the kitchen bay, I wallpapered all visible areas. I basically patched up wallpaper pieces to do it. You won't be able to notice this once the bay is in place. I also wallpapered the area that can be seen through the windows so no raw wood is left showing.

Later on, when I begin working on the interior of the dollhouse, I will buy some fabric and upholster the window seat so I’m leaving it raw wood for now.

I glued on the interior bay opening trim.

You have to glue on the windows before you glue the bay in place. It will be very difficult to do through the interior of the dollhouse once it's in place. The interior sill is suppose to sit in the same way the exterior window sills do but on this bay, I placed it flat like bottom trim instead of a window sill. I decided to do it this way because laying flat covers a larger area and trims the bottom of the window better. I might do the same for the rest of the interior windows. You can always apply the sills as they are intended to sit and then add additional trim under all of them for this effect.

This bay was not difficult to assemble and put in place. Clamp well and let dry overnight.