The Garfield Dollhouse Day 11

I added the ceiling trim to most of the rooms. I also added baseboards wherever I could. A lot of walls cannot have the baseboards put in yet because the doors have to go in first. I used simple skewers for the ceiling trim and basswood strips for the baseboards.

I installed the second floor railing and trimmed the stairwell room everywhere I could. I also installed the kitchen bay.

I installed the master Bedroom/Bathroom Partition.

After it dried, I primed and wallpapered the rest of the second floor. It’s a little tricky to wallpaper the master bedroom. It also has a funny little deep corner/alcove just like the kitchen and guest bedroom do. Use a heavily patterned wallpaper when you have rooms like these. It hides imperfections a lot better than simple stripes or solids do. While the wallpaper dried, I trimmed some more ceilings.

I finally added the last wall. The living and master Bedroom Side Wall.

As you can see, this final wall really tightens the interior space quite a bit. This means that your accessibility to certain areas of the dollhouse is slowly diminishing. That’s why it's good to trim and finish rooms as you go along.