The Fairfield Dollhouse Revisited Week 13

Before I assembled and installed the first floor staircase, that is part of this kit, I made templates of all of its parts on thin cardstock. I had the idea that I can use the templates in the future, to recreate the same staircase for the second floor. It was just a thought and not something I seriously thought I could pull off, but I did.

I took the cardstock templates and used them as a guide to cut out the staircase pieces in balsa wood. I then put the staircase together, just like I did the first floor one. I finished it the same way as well.

I installed it in the second floor hallway. It needs railing, but I can't do anything until the third floor is installed.

It took a lot of work to get this staircase looking correctly and I can't say it's absolutely perfect, but it matches the dollhouse and it didn't cost me an arm and leg like a pre-assembled staircase would have. Anyone would think this staircase was part of this kit. I also like the feeling that I made it all myself.