The Half Scale Diana Dollhouse Day 17

Today I worked on the half timber trim which decorates the top part of the side wall gables.

Trim also must go on the back edge of each side wall so you get a nice finish on your siding.

I went ahead and installed the exterior window trim for the round second floor windows. Do not do the interiors yet and do not install the window panes either. The roof still needs to be installed and you don't want to damage your windows doing so.

Notice that I installed the bay roofs today. I installed them over the siding for a cleaner and more finished look. I covered the slots on the main walls with siding and cut off the tabs of the bay roofs that go into the main wall. They are not needed. The bay walls themselves have a tab that goes into the roof slots so you can omit the ones on the main dollhouse walls.

I installed the bay's roof trim.

I had first wanted to apply a finish to the bay walls, like shingling the top part of the walls but there isn't much space to work with so I left them as is. I can apply this finish the front. main dollhouse wall.