The Half Scale Diana Dollhouse Day 14

I began to work on the exterior by applying my paint in the areas that I am envisioning for this project. I only applied one coat because I just want to get a visual of how I am going to do this.

I did paint the foundation though. I was unable to find the color I wanted to at the craft store, to match the Labre Dollhouse color scheme, so I had to make my own by mixing gray and black together and getting a charcoal hue.

Mixing your own paint can get the exact color match you want but it does come with it's pitfalls. You have to blend enough so that you can store it for touch ups later because you will not get the exact same hue if you have to mix a new batch.

I painted the foundation trim white and applied it to the dollhouse because it must be in place before I begin siding.

My camera is having a very hard time capturing the correct hue of my purple palette. The flash makes it worse. Take my word that it is a very pretty scheme that even I like and purple is not one of my favorites.