The Half Scale Chantilly Dollhouse Day 7

I continued doing touch ups and installed some baseboard trim. You have to make sure that you do not leave a single thing undone in these two floors before you move upwards in your assembly. Once the roof, front door and windows are installed, you will no longer have access to certain areas in these rooms.

Now is the time to install the interior doors as well. They need a lot of touch ups and you can still reach them from every angle at this stage. The doors of laser cut dollhouse kits are very easy to install because of the precise cuts. They need a little bit of sanding only and they pop right in.

Since I used extra trim on the backside of the staircase, that did not come with the kit, I had to cut off, at a slant, one corner of the door trim so it could fit properly on the first floor interior door.

I finished the staircase railing. The front, short railing on the second floor has a tab that goes into the wall but I cut that tab off and just set it flush to the wall. I didn't want the tight fit to damage the wallpaper so I decided to not struggle trying to fit that tab into the wall slot.

Lots and lots of touch ups had to be done so I can start the bay walls next.