The Cheltenham Dollhouse Day 2

Today I spent a good part of the morning punching out the dollhouse parts and sanding them.

The schematics to this dollhouse are a little outdated and can be somewhat confusing. There are a lot of repeated sheets and the front panel of the dollhouse is laser cut rather than a punch out sheet. As I move along the assembly, I will be able to better recognize which part is for what.

Remember to sand until smooth but not so much that you take away detail and sharpness. The dollhouse parts for a one inch scale dollhouse are pretty small and if you sand too much, they will lose a lot of detail once assembled. Hand sanding is best at this stage. Use a fine to medium grade sandpaper. Use a fingernail file like an Emory Board for sanding inside of small areas like window mullions. You can also wrap your sandpaper around wood strips to make your own detailed sander.

Even though this dollhouse has very good pictures online, I kept the box photo. Remember that your dollhouse box makes a great a turntable for assembly.

Though it seems like this dollhouse brings a lot of pieces, it really doesn't. I can tell which part is which my looking at the schematics since I am familiar with Greenleaf Dollhouses but newbies should always label their parts with a pencil before punching them out. Because of the overwhelming confusion that dollhouse parts can cause for newbies, I also suggest that you do not punch out any parts until the directions ask for them.

Now that everything is ready, I can begin assembly.