The Buttercup Cottage Dollhouse Day 1

This dollhouse has double hung windows and I tried my best to explain how to assemble them. If you are still uncertain about their assembly, there is a great tutorial by Deb Roberts that is more detailed here.

I built the shell and then, as I waited for it to dry, I began building certain components that can be assembled separately to be installed later.

I assembled the door, chimney and window boxes.

I also assembled the bay window seat. I think it's much easier to build this window seat first and then join it to the dollhouse.

I primed the walls and painted the ceiling white.

This time, I used two different wallpaper patterns for the room downstairs. I put stripes on the top and a solid on the bottom. I plan on putting trim on the edge of where they both meet later on so they look like chair rails.

The windows on this dollhouse are made to appear double hung. I used the same method of painting the wallpaper white to make the interior “casing”. It's much easier than trying to cut an already pasted wallpaper. It's undetectable when you paint it. Fit the casing into each trim before gluing the entire window. It will make installation much easier and prevent damage to the part.