The Beacon Hill Dollhouse Day 9

I finished siding everything that was left, the area between the tower wall and the roof on the left. I decided to begin putting up windows. Since the second floor is completely wallpapered, I prepared to put in the three windows on there. I’ve built this dollhouse before, so I know that it won't impede anything early on.

I did change up the windows a little. First, I didn’t put in the bottom interior window sill on the inside. I instead made it a top trim for the exterior window. I glued the shutters overlapping the windows so they look like they are movable.

All in all these windows are simple to put in. There is absolutely no trouble putting in the casings into the openings. No need for a mallet or anything of the sort. They slip right in and actually fall out if they don’t have the interior and exterior trim put over them - no worries.

You will have some difficulty putting in the sills. Since the siding has been put first, you have to be careful that when you slide in the sills, you don’t break the siding. When you're installing them, press down on each siding panel as the sill slides to it. You might want to use an Emery board to sand the sill slots a little and make them bigger. This minor situation is worth it though because you can't beat how good these windows look over the siding instead of recessed into it. Everything looks nice and neat.

Remember to put in your sills in the right direction by looking at the kit box photo carefully. It is very easy to accidentally put them in the wrong order. I made that mistake on the first Beacon Hill.

I installed some more vertical and horizontal trim but mostly, I spent the day working on the windows. Since they have so many parts that have to be pre painted on all sides.