The Beacon Hill Dollhouse Day 11

Once the bays are done, you have come a long way. Now you will be able to see more advances with each day because the majority of the things that are left can all be done in a short time.

I installed the bay bottom trims. I was finally able to glue on the wooden butterfly inlays. These laser cut, wooden decorations are very fragile and must be handled with care. I painted them using toothpicks. I used tacky glue to apply them, but from a metal tip bottle, so only a small amount came out.

I installed the corner trims on the corners that were actually done. They look great with trim over the siding because it makes them flush. I installed the kitchen bay windows. I thought they would be complicated but thankfully I was able to make it through it without incident. Use the same mallet technique to tap them in, just don’t over do it.

On the inside, I decided to lay the kitchen shelf flat under the window, like a wide trim, to conserve space. I put in the kitchen window. As you can see, I’m installing the shutters as I go along to not come back to it later. I added the interior bay ceiling arch decorations. They are still wet with glue. I glued on the porch arches as well. I glued on the second floor back trim because the entire first floor is wallpapered.