The Arthur Dollhouse Day 4

I did a lot of touch ups to the dollhouse today and added lace curtains to the windows. I covered all of the back edges with skinny sticks for a more finished look.

I added baseboards and all of the roof finials have been glued on.

I also used wooden skewers to trim along the ceilings, gables and vertical joints of the walls. I like the way the woodwork looks on this dollhouse, as is true for most of these small cottages. This is something you will want to do to the second floor of this dollhouse, especially if you wallpaper before assembly. You want to make sure all of the joints are covered and you do not have any rough wallpaper edges showing along them. Trimming extensively is really a must for dollhouse assembly. It's aesthetically nice and it also helps in making the structure sturdy and long lasting.

You can visit this dollhouse gallery here.