The Arthur Dollhouse Day 3

I used punch out wood scraps again to make keystones for the windows. These windows were just too plain without them. I also used wood scraps to decorate the front doors a little.

I installed the porch with the dollhouse on it's back. It makes it easier, but this porch is so simple that it can be installed in minutes.

This staircase was as simple as the Orchid's. I glued it together and left it to dry before staining it.

I glued the shutters with a an overlap over the window trims to give them more realism. I usually don’t like to cover the window trims, so I position the shutter flush to the window casing edge rather than letting it overlap. These windows do not have much decorative trim so you can overlap if you'd like.

I left the shingles in their natural color as with the Orchid. I varnished them with clear gloss varnish. If you have gloss varnish on hand, do not bother going to the store to buy matte varnish for your shingles. The raw wood shingles will soak up this one coat and leave hardly any gloss so you won't end up with glossy/shiny shingles.

Applying the wallpaper to the second floor angled walls was very tricky. I had to do a lot of patching and unfortunately, the wallpaper I had was not patterned to help hide the patches.