The Willowcrest Dollhouse Day 10

I pushed myself to get the attic done. I wouldn’t be able to do work on the dormers or the front top window until I did. I of course primed the entire attic first and stained the floor. After that was dry, I wallpapered the dormers before anything else. I used a complimentary wallpaper to the one on the walls. As you can see, the green in the wallpaper matches the green stucco ceiling and chimney.

After I wallpapered the dormers, I wallpapered the walls. I had to let the wallpaper dry complete before I could begin cutting around the dormer edges. The edges are kind of rough to the touch, but I’m not worried about them because I plan on hiding them all with some wood work. I will do that when I do the trim in this room. For now it looks pretty good.

I glued on the front top window and assembled the balcony. The balcony has to be assembled away from the dollhouse. Don’t put the top rail on yet. Make sure the front railing is right side up. Check the box photo to make sure. When you install the top window, make sure that it doesn’t interrupt the slot where the balcony will go. That slot has to be clean and clear. Using paper clamps to hold the balcony floors together will make it easier for them to fit into the wall slot later on.

Once the balcony is dry fitted, proceed to add the hand rail. That way it sits flush to the walls. I also installed the last two window sills to the side small windows. I did them like the front ones. I dry fitted them until I knew where I had to cut for proper fitting and used the Easy Cutter to make the slots larger.

While that dried, clamped with masking tape, I began working on the top staircase of the attic. It took a long time for me to get this done. It's not a complicated process because the pieces can only fit one way. It's just a lot of pieces and tedious to get them all to fit correctly. You need the third floor back edge trim because you can't position this staircase properly without it.

I painted the trim the same color as the dollhouse and installed all of the pieces at the same time to position them correctly - the railing, edge trim and staircase. I only left the staircase back trim for last. If you wait for the glue to dry on each part, you will have problems. They all should go in together, so perform this task while the glue is wet for mobility and a good fit. Once that was done, I hot glued the last piece of runner to the stairs.