The Westville Dollhouse Day 8

Today I finished putting in the left gable trim and I touched up with paint all around the dollhouse.

I shingled the front of the dollhouse today. I made a template of the roof panels and hot glued my shingles to that. I applied a black wash to the shingles. I touched up with paint around the dollhouse for a final time. I painted the top roof ridge for now, so it won't show too much. I will get a dowel for it tomorrow. Also, I have to buy skinny sticks and skewers to finish the interior trim and hide all of the floor and wall edges exposed in the back of the dollhouse.

I added finials to the front of the roof peaks. It hides the dowel end very well and just gives the dollhouse a more detailed look. I used punch outs from the porch rail to make them. Always save interesting punched out shapes in a ziplock bag. You never know what can be done with them.

I glued the dowels to the top roof ridge and painted it. It's very hard to see it because of the black washed shingles.

I added skinny sticks to the exposed back edges of the walls and floors. I also made all the baseboards for the dollhouse with skinny sticks. I used dowels to trim the gap between the wall and gable wall joints of the bedroom and bathroom. I added curtains to the dollhouse.

I added skewers to the ceilings and dormer corners. I added a trim to the staircase where the wallpaper and railing meet. The glue is still wet, so some white is still visible.

You can visit this dollhouse gallery here.