The Washington 2.0 Dollhouse Day 9

Today I finished the interior. This dollhouse does not bring interior trim, so I had to make it.

I used skewers to trim the ceilings and the entire attic. I used skinny sticks for window trim, baseboards and the back edges of the walls and floors. I had to buy some basswood strips to make the trim for the doorways and bay window. I used little wooden dowels ends to trim the corners of the bay window and door entry tops.

I decided to not make any trim for the attic window because of it's curve. This window can be easily hidden with window treatments but you can also cut out your own trim from 1/8" foamcore using the exterior trim as a template. This can only be done if you are painting your trim and that's why it wasn't an option for me.

If you have power tools, you can use the same method to cut out wooden trim from a 1/8" basswood slab. Balsa wood would not work, even though it does have the convenience of being able to be cut with scissors or a craft knife. Unfortunately because its such a soft wood, it will break and crack while trying to cut out the curve of the window.

I had leftover white lace ribbon for the windows and some white bows for the corners.

I varnished the floors and touched up the ceilings. I also put a small piece of the checkerboard wallpaper over the chimney slot opening in the attic.

You can visit this dollhouse gallery here.