The Vineyard Cottage Dollhouse Day 7

The dormers on the large roof side were really difficult to shingle around. I stained the shingles a very light Camel color.

I suggest you make the template for the large dormer roof panel in sections rather than all one piece. Once you have all the sections fitting right, use masking tape to put them together and then shingle the whole piece.

I used dowels for the top roof edges of the main roof and the dormers. Remember that L shaped trim also works. You just put it right over the edge.

I also used some punch outs of the shingles that were diamond shaped and applied them like finials to hide the dowel end on the dormers. I have to get some larger caps for the main roofs dowel ends.

Shingling makes all the difference for the finished look of a dollhouse and the templates really saved the day again because this dollhouse had quite a few twists and turns to it.

You can visit this dollhouse gallery here.