The Vineyard Cottage Dollhouse Day 4

I installed the dormer roofs and clamped them so they could dry.

I painted the parts for the top porch balcony, so they can be ready when I need them. The dollhouse has gotten to the point where I have to finish the entire front.

While those parts dry, I finished the exterior of the bay. I had been concentrating on the interior all of this time and haven’t done much to the outside. I glued on the top and bottom trim and added skewers to the gaps between each bay wall panel. I painted the skewers red to match the dollhouse.

I glued on the top balcony door and finished gluing on the interior top ceiling trim on the bay. I used skewers like the rest of the ceiling.

I glued on the exterior window trim of the top gable window on the back wall.

I then began installing the rest of the front components. You have to start with the front dormer floor/balcony roof. Then you glue on the sides. I didn’t experience much trouble with it. There’s a possibility you might need the rubber mallet to tap in parts in certain areas. You do need to clamp tightly.

While that dried, I painted and installed the porch floor.

I then glued on the front gable wall. You must finish the gable wall both inside and out before you glue it on the dollhouse. That means putting in the window, interior window trim and painting inside and out before installing it. After it's installed, you will not have access to it from inside the dollhouse.

While that dried, I put the dollhouse on its back and installed the porch floor front foundation piece.

I had to paint the entire front porch gingerbread and it all comes in one piece. Gable, balcony and porch together. To install, it's best to lay the dollhouse on its back and dry fit first, so you know the easiest way to fit it and also where the glue needs to be added. Use a rubber mallet and clamp. Double-check all joints to make sure that it fits right and remember that the top gable exterior window trim is part of this large structure.

I installed the porch roof. I installed the two side porch trim pieces and front gable roof trim.