The Storybook Cottage Dollhouse Day 1

Today I began assembling the porch foundation. So far everything was pretty simple. The instructions are pretty clear to identify the front and back of this foundation.

Putting in the front wall and foundation parts A and B was a little trickier. The instructions tell you to dry fit the two foundation parts to the porch foundation and then slide in the front wall. Instead, I first chose to slide in the front wall onto the porch foundation and then slide in and straighten the two foundation parts A and B. This way was best. There’s plenty of space left between the parts to apply glue and clamp everything for drying.

Tomorrow I will wallpaper this wall before things get more complicated in the assembly. I am going to wallpaper all of my walls before assembly because this dollhouse has a lot of support beams visible in the interior. Wallpapering around them will be very difficult so it will be better to get it done before they go in. You can stain or paint your support beams to match your interior decor but I am going to try and wallpaper them to blend in with the walls.

For now I’ll let everything dry overnight.