The Pierce Dollhouse Day 5

Today I spent most of the day getting the first and second floors finished. I glued the baseboards on the entire second floor.

I also applied baseboards to the third floor walls.

I finished putting up the second and third floor windows.

I varnished the second and third floors as well.

I began the tower. I had to prepare the tower floor extensions before gluing them on. I drew the floor planks and painted the ceiling sides white. I glued the extensions on the front wall.

While this was drying, I began working on the tower roof. This roof is very tricky to put together and you will need hot glue to tack the parts in place so the roof doesn’t lose its shape. There are no tabs or slots, so there is nothing to hold the roof together if you glue it with wood glue. After you have it tacked in place with hot glue, you can run wood glue through all of the joints, including between the sides.

After doing this, I had to prepare the walls inside of the tower which can be accessed now, but will not be accessible when the rest of the walls are up. I wallpapered them so that when you look through the tower windows, the walls are wallpapered like the adjoining rooms.

I glued the rest of the walls on. I will have to use skewers to seal the gaps between tower walls.