The Pierce Dollhouse Day 12

I finally decided what to do with the peaking roof eaves in the second floor. Even though I knew I had to fix that at some point, I was undecided as to what to do to them. The circled areas are the ones I’m discussing.

You can try to wallpaper them, but your wallpaper pattern is going to be thrown off by the bulge. You could paint or stain them to match your mouldings, but they have a lot of gaps around them and look a little awkward.

I decided to just hide them all together. I bought ribbon in the same fabric as the curtains and glued it the top edge of all the areas where the attic roof peaked through. The ribbon really hides all of the jagged and pointy edges that make up these areas.

After all of the fabric was in place, I trimmed out the bottom edges with skinny sticks, where the wallpaper met the roof eave. That way it has a nice clean edge on the bottom of the fabric.

I used skewers to trim all of the ceilings. I even did the areas that are way inside of the bedroom where you can't really see. This was better done during assembly, like the baseboards. It's impossible for me to aim the camera in there to show you but when you peak in through the bedroom windows, you can see the ceiling trim go all the way around the staircase landing.

I used skinny sticks to trim the attic gables.

I also trimmed the interior of the tower room door. I added two fabric flowers to the top corners because the shape of the room does not allow for the trims to meet at the top corners. You can use wooden caps instead, if you like.

I used tacky glue for everything so I would have time to position it all correctly.