The McKinley Dollhouse Week 26

I continued finishing the tower top. I decided to make a combination of siding, quarter scale shingles and decorative inlays. This process takes time because you must make sure your siding and any other decoration, wraps around the tower walls in a continuous pattern. You also have to use spackle on all joints so there are no gaps between the siding and dowels. This takes patience because the spackle must be applied very thinly so it is does not take away from the sidings crisp detail.

I know that applying all of these extra layers to the tower, including the dowels along the tower wall joints, is going to make the roof installation very difficult. I will most likely have to modify it somehow in order to make it fit. I will have to cross that bridge when I get to it because I wanted to make this tower special. It would be very difficult to finish all of these details and windows with the roof in place.

I created the inlay panels using a stencil and spackling compound in the same method I used for the interior fireplace and bathroom closet. I used small strip wood pieces to frame the inlays.

I decided to stain glass the tower windows using markers and clear nail polish. I have gone over the process of how to do this in my Dollhouse Window Guide.