The McKinley Dollhouse Week 18

I assembled and installed the bathroom closet. I painted it white and applied a raised stencil design on it, as I had done for the fireplace. Silly me applied the ceiling and flooring trim to this room before installing this furniture piece. Don't make that same mistake. I had to notch the corners of the closet, so it would fit over the trim. I then placed trim around it, at the ceiling and flooring, for the appearance of continuation. It was an easy fix, but it's always better when you don't have to brainstorm this type of fix.

I didn't really want to use this closet at first because it is rather large and seems almost out of scale, but I hate changing the integrity of the dollhouse. This dollhouse comes with this piece and its part of its architectural detail, so I decided to keep it. I just didn't make it the central focus of the room by installing on a side wall rather than the front facing wall. I want the bathtub to be the main focus so I wanted the front wall free for its placement.