The McKinley Dollhouse Week 15

Now that tower floor extension is dry, I went ahead and applied my floors to both the hallway, bedroom and living room.

I am using the Greenleaf vinyl wood look flooring that I love so much for tab and slot dollhouses. You can get instruction tips about the application of this flooring by reading my Dollhouse Flooring Guide.

This vinyl flooring is true to scale, durable, doesn't need finishing, will not buckle or warp with time or moisture and is easily cut with scissors. This allows for detailed application along all of the interior twists and turns of tab and slot dollhouse floor plans. Even though the flooring has a sticky back, I still apply tacky glue to each plank. Stagger your planks throughout the floor for realism.

It's a tight fit into the hallway doorway, but it's still accessible. Do not worry about the sides of this doorway because they are completely invisible, regardless of the angle its viewed from.

Now that the flooring is in place, I can apply all of the vertical trim to the doorways. I used the same fabric trim on the top arched tower openings that I used for the kitchen bay.

After the vertical trim is in place, I applied the horizontal trim to all the floors and ceilings.