The McKinley Dollhouse Week 1

This dollhouse has never been featured before on my blog and I had been waiting quite a while to assemble one. I found a great area in my house to display it, so now is the right time to tackle this assembly.

This is a unique dollhouse. It looks a lot like a display shelf in the shape of a dollhouse. You can hang this dollhouse right on the wall. It's design is similar to a Pierce or Garfield Dollhouse, but cut in half so the interior is always visible. So, if you do not have any room for either one of those very large dollhouses, you might find space for this one instead.

Even though this dollhouse was meant to be hung on the wall, it is not just a plain box with partitions in it. After all, Greenleaf Dollhouses is its manufacturer and they aren't known for making plain-Jane designs. This dollhouse actually has 3D depth, giving it a more realistic floor plan, just like a real house would have. It also has a staircase, tower, bay window and porch. I only saw this dollhouse fully assembled once, so I am sure that I will discover more and more details about it as I advance in the assembly.

So, if you just want to display a collection of miniatures, this would be the right dollhouse for you. It would be very easy to electrify, but easier still to fill with battery operated lights or strip LED lights.

There will be no need to turn the dollhouse around to view its interior. For this reason, your interior finishes have to be very well done, as they will be on display all of the time.

I plan on using a lot of Chrysnbon pieces in this dollhouse, but I will finish them differently than I did for the Beacon Hill Dollhouse. They will look like completely different sets. Instead of staining, I will be painting and upholstering them as well. I found a nice wallpaper set for this dollhouse that has a blue/yellow, country French color scheme and I will use this as inspiration for the furniture and accessories throughout the dollhouse.

I will add vinyl flooring to the interior and I plan to side the exterior. I most likely will use the blue and brown color scheme that I had used on a Pierce Dollhouse I had assembled before.

I did an inventory of the kit to make sure it was complete and it was. This is a relatively new kit and it's in good shape.