The Lily Dollhouse Revisited Week 31

Now that the parts of the dollhouse has dwindled to just a few pieces, I have been able to find all of the handrails for the staircase. I have also finished with the windows so the staircase railings can be installed. They were easy to install but you will have to dry fit them several times to make sure that you have the right parts on the right staircase. Do not glue in place until you are certain they are correct.

The edges of the attic dormer window openings were really bothering me because they looked unfinished. Because of the very steep slope of these mansard panels, wooden trim could not be used around the openings because it would constantly break, regardless of how flexible it was. I thought about using fabric but came across a better idea. I decided to use quarter scale shingle strips instead. They are cardboard and can be easily stained or painted to match wood. I stained the strips and glued them around the opening of the windows. Now it looks as if the windows have wooden trim. I can finally live with these window openings.