The Lily Dollhouse Revisited Week 30

INSTALLING THE BRACKETS AND PORCH RAILING

I finished installing the top roof vergeboard and trim.

I installed all of the brackets. They must be painted and laminated together before installation. The kit's box photo is a good guide for bracket placement.

All of the brackets fit perfectly except for the porch roof ones, which I will go over momentarily. I just want to detail the placement of the brackets. They go along the underside of the vergeboards and behind the vergeboard trim. This is what can pose a problem with the porch roof.

As you know the porch roof of this dollhouse can have slight inconsistencies once assembled and the vergeboards can end up being narrower in certain areas. On my porch, it was the porch ends that were narrower and would not allow the brackets to fit. I had to modify the brackets in these areas by cutting them to fit. The fact that they are cut, is not noticeable in the end result. So, cut your brackets if needed but make them fit.

I then installed the porch railing. This railing is fragile and might need sanding for a better fit. I did not have any particularly difficult areas during installation.

Just remember to paint or stain your trim before you attempt the install it. You also want to take one last look at the front and kitchen doors and the underside of the porch roof in case any touch ups are needed. Once the railing is in place, it will be very difficult to access these areas.