The Lily Dollhouse Revisited Week 28

SHINGLING

Shingle templates will not work well with this dollhouse because of the sharp, slope of its mansard roof. The shingled templates will not be able to bend that far. You must apply the shingles directly to the mansard panels. Make your life easier by not trying to apply shingles to the edges under or on top of the dormers. These areas are just way too small for shingles to be applied to properly and you will end up with a thick, uneven line of tiny shingle pieces. Apply the shingles to the roof beside of the dormers only.

Apply your shingles using hot melt glue. They can be stained before or after application, it doesn't matter. Whatever way is easiest for you. I prefer to stian mines after application.

I did the roof in segments. As I finished shingling the front, I installed the side dormers and then continued shingling. As you can see, the shingles hide the gaps along the sides of the dormers.

I also went ahead and installed the exterior window panes to all of the windows. This exterior pane is fixed, unlike the interior one which I will make into a working window.