The Lily Dollhouse Day 9

Take one last good look at your foyer because this is the last time you will have total access to it. The front doors must go up before the porch does. I had already installed the interior door trim and the doors were finished yesterday. I only had to stain them today and finish the top pediments.

I glued in all the baseboards and ceiling trim to the foyer before continuing or I won't be able to do it later. You have to sand down your doors very well in order for them to fit in the openings. Double doors are a little more difficult than singles.

I had to take down about 1/8” inch from both doors for them to actually fit in the opening together so I used a hand held sander. You have to be very cautious when using a power sander on these dollhouses because it only takes a slight too much sanding to have your piece ruined. Take it slow and dry fit every step of the way so you don’t end up taking too much off.

Once the doors were in, I put on the exterior trim.