The Haunted House Dollhouse Day 6

I shingled the dollhouse today.

I mixed red paint with a little brown because since it's diluted in varnish to make the stain, it tends to get a little on the pinkish side.

All I need is flowers to fill the flower boxes and some green sprigs that can go up the wall behind the flowers.

I glued on the chimney and painted it for now.

I took a sponge brush and brushed some of the bricks in white, gray and brown paint, so they look aged and different.

After the shingles dried, I realized that even though I had mixed brown into the stain, they still looked quite red - too red actually. I went over them with deeper red paint I had on-hand and they finally became the right color I was looking for.

I added roof trim. This roof trim is laser cut precision wood that I painted black to look like wrought iron. One thing about these types of trims is that they are extremely delicate. When you paint them, they tend to become soft and the intricate peaks can easily snap off if you press too hard with your brush. Work with it very carefully. This is a product that's certainly not recommended for a play dollhouse. I also suggest that you keep any extra pieces in a safe place where they will not be broken. You might need them in the future for repairs.

I am going to print stone to cover my chimney with.

You can visit this dollhouse gallery here.