The Harrison Dollhouse Day 23

I installed all of the interior window trim for the first room. This dollhouse kit brings mountains of interior and exterior window trim. It can be very confusing to figure it all out since they are basically bunches of sticks that all look the same.

When I punched out the parts from their sheets, I did label all of my window trim but at the end of the day, the labeling was useless. Especially since it all has to be painted before you can install them. The best way to end the confusion is to just dry fit each trim to each side of the window and the size of each stick will let you know where it goes.

I decided to work on the upstairs "bedroom". This is the large room right next to the small "bathroom" I finished last time.

I was able to put in flooring nearly completing it before I ran out. At least I was able to install the stairwell railing and the window trim.

A big surprise I had not noticed before about this kit is that it does not bring door trim so you will have to use basswood strips in order to make your own since you will not achieve a nice finished look unless your doors are trimmed.

I installed the door to the "secret room" because it had to be in place so I could apply the flooring. Remember, since none of these doors are working doors, I decided to install them before the floors.