The Harrison Dollhouse Day 19

I installed all of the gingerbread trim and exterior doors today. I also finished all of the roof edges, including the panel that opens.

I need to buy more doorknobs since I only had enough for the balcony doors.

I am very pleased with the wall color now that I see the dollhouse coming along. I'm glad I chose it instead of the stark white. It makes a very nice contrast with the pebbles.

On the Aster Cottage I put "mortar" between the pebbles but on this dollhouse, I really like the way they look as they do now so I am leaving them without the "mortar"

I am getting ready to begin work on the interior of the dollhouse. This dollhouse has several interior partitions, two of which are moveable. I decided to leave them all out. I will have more decorating space without all of the extra walls. This dollhouse is large and has plenty of rooms as it is, I don't want to take away from their roomy space with a bunch of partitions getting in the way.

The partition that I like least is the one that goes perpendicular to the first floor staircase, blocking the front door. Even though it is not one of the moveable partitions, it is not necessary to use it so I omitted it on my dollhouse.

I really like the way the dollhouse looks without any partitions. It is important for you to make a decision about which partitions you want out and which ones you want to keep before you begin work on the interior.

I have to order more dollhouse stucco before I can begin my interior so as soon as the materials arrive, I will continue.