The Gloucester Dollhouse Day 14

I finished the front panel. I first used spackle to add texture to the panel. I want it to look like plaster. I just mixed some paint and spackle and swirled it on the wall with a brush for texture. After the “plaster” dried, I painted it with another coat of paint.

I trimmed the door with fabric ribbon and also made paneling on it with the same thin ribbon I used for the dressing room panels. I added a little filigreed flat bead in the middle of it and added door handle.

I assembled and installed the chimneys today. Very easy to do. You only have to make sure they are straight. This dollhouse comes with two chimneys and they give it a very distinctive look.

I added some lace trim to both sides of the front panel. I think this will help keep dust out of the dollhouse better and it also fixes up the gaps I had from the warped front panel. As I glued the lace, I skipped over the hinges and the hook and eye areas.

This is the last staircase for this dollhouse. It goes in the bedroom. I was able to take a lot more pictures of it this time around.

I finished it the same way as the first one. I just used a variation in the carpet fabric design and another type of trim for the handrails. I used the same beads to make the step rods. This staircase was even easier to insert into the dollhouse than the first one. I glued on the back stairwell railing and added the same handrail trim. I used roses for finials.