The Glencroft Dollhouse Day 8

I added little numbers to the outside of the dollhouse. I also assembled the picket fence. This dollhouse brings a "front yard" piece that the fence rests on. I covered it in faux grass.

I added the flowers to the flower box. I used miniature silk flowers. You can also use small life scale silk flowers.

I upholstered the little window seats inside with fabric. I decided to get reds, golds and greens as the interior colors. The fringe worked well for the windows and were very easy to install. I keep the edges from fraying by adding the tassels to them. I didn’t find the beaded fringe I needed for the staircase opening because they didn’t have it in the right color, so I just left it alone for now. I used a combination of tacky glue and hot glue for the window treatments. Hot glue works well with light small objects like the flowers and tassels. Everything else was tacky glued on. Always glue window treatments to the window casings, not to your wallpaper. That way you can pull them off later if you want to redecorate without damaging your walls.