The Glencroft Dollhouse Day 7

Today I continued work on the interior of the dollhouse.

I finished the beadboard in the living room. I trimmed the floors, the ceilings, the bay windows, the staircase openings, the regular windows, the fire places and the bookcase. I used horizontal trim on the bottoms of the bay windows and the book case. I just thought the difference in trim direction would give everything a more interesting look. I trimmed all of the exposed edges in the back of the dollhouse.

All of the trimming completely hid all of the bad wallpaper edges. It also made the wood features of the interior come to life.

I touched up the stain on the inside to even it all out and catch the missed edges. I patched up the wallpaper where it had any tears or problems the trimming didn’t get. I varnished the floors with a second coat of varnish after lightly sanding them.

I painted the top of the chimney a clay terracotta color. I touched up the outside stain and stucco.

I added the door knobs to the interior doors by hot gluing a golden jewelry bead to each door. I like the Byzantine designs on these beads for the look of this dollhouse. I applied wood filler to all of the gaps on the outside roof. I touched up the stain around the edges of the shingles. I finished applying the sideways shingles to the top roof edge.