Micro Dollhouse Project: The Garfield Dollhouse Week 2

If you plan to wallpaper the dollhouse and add flooring, you must complete each of these steps, in its entirety, as you assemble. After this dollhouse is complete, you will not be able to fit your finger tip inside of it, so the interior will be completely inaccessible afterwards.

I applied paper flooring to the first floor first. I made sure I primed it with a similar color to the flooring I am going to use before application. This paper flooring can be printed from your computer if you'd like. I happened to have found these printouts at Ron's Miniature Shop in Orlando when I went for a visit. It is in a parquet design.

The paper flooring sheet was a bit smaller than the floor area I wanted to apply it to, so I had to patch the pattern together in some places. It is unnoticeable.

I then began assembling the interior walls and I primed the second floor to get it ready for the application of paper flooring as well.

I recommend that you apply all of your flooring and wallpaper using a glue stick. Make sure it is a good quality, permanent glue stick and not the ones used for school. I prefer the brand UHU Stic. It it available at most craft stores. Using a glue stick will prevent these tiny pieces of paper from becoming too wet, bleeding, warping and/or possibly tearing as you try to apply them to the dollhouse. The glue stick applies just enough adhesive for you to easily position your paper in place. It dries fairly quickly as well.