The Fairfield Dollhouse Revisited Week 36

I placed the dollhouse on a "grass" covered foam core and sat the foamcore on a metal turntable. I then added landscaping with trees and small floral sprigs. I used a combination of silk floral from the craft store and diorama landscaping.

My first idea, for this dollhouse, was to decorate it all in white wire furniture, like the Pierce Dollhouse I once had. But, half scale furniture was too difficult to find, especially in white wire, and the small selection that was available was very expensive. So, I decided to make my own furniture, from laser cut kits by Greenleaf. I painted them all white. Luckily, I was able to find the same white wire carriage, in half scale, that I once had for the Pierce.

This dollhouse has been quite a project and it's not done yet. Next comes the difficult part - creating a display case for this dollhouse to sit under. It will take me a few weeks to get to that, so stay tuned to see how that goes. After its ready, I will go over the assembly and optional finishes I chose for this dollhouse and also its photos to the gallery.

In the meantime, do not forget to join the more Minis Dollhouse Group, so you can see what other miniature projects I, and our members, are up to.